Tips For Surviving A Theme Park
If you’re like my family you will probably wind up at a theme park this summer. As fun as it may sound, it can become an unpleasant experience if you don’t plan accordingly. Take advantage of our top five tips you should utilize the next time you visit a theme park.
- Research, Research, Research. I know you are on vacation and you want to be carefree, but it’s probably not a good idea if you are at a theme park. Because waits are so long and there’s so much to see, you really need to have a game plan. Research what rides you want to go on and the best way to get from one ride to the next to save time.
- Check The Theme Park’s Food and Drink Policies. If you can, pack things like water bottles and granola bars. Many theme parks, like Walt Disney World, allow guests to bring in outside food and drinks as long as they aren’t in glass containers. This can save a lot of money and allow you to have something to eat or drink on hand so you won’t have to wait in a long line.
- Dress Appropriately. While at a theme park it’s important to dress appropriately. No one wants to walk around in clothing that is too hot or not warm enough for colder weather. If it’s hot out, wear light weight clothing that’s a light color. If its cold out make sure you wear a jacket that you can remove and tie around your waist if you get too hot. Also remember to wear comfortable shoes as you will be doing a lot of walking. If you plan on riding rides where you will get wet, make sure you bring extra clothing with you and a plastic bag that you can put your wet clothing in.
- Take Advantage Of Package Deals. Although theme parks can be expensive, you can save money if you take advantage of package deals. For example, if you plan on visiting one of the Disney theme parks in the late summer or early fall, you can utilize a great program called Disney dining. In general, many theme parks will give discounted rates to those that plan on staying at one of their hotel properties when they are in town visiting their theme park.
- Know When To Go On Popular Ride. Some ride can have wait times of up too several hours. You don’t have to forgo going on these rides if you know when to get in line. During events like parades, lines tend to be shorter. Also, right before the park closes and right after it opens there may be less people trying to get on the ride as well.