What to Buy on Sale in March
You know what they say about March: It comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. As the lion blows through, you can look forward to warmer spring days ahead. You can also look forward to some great sales, as there are items that typically are on sale this month. The good thing about March is that you’ll see prices slashed on winter items as retailers try to clear them out for spring, as well as some summer items brought out for the first time this season at reduced prices. Here are some things to buy on sale in March:
- Boats. Apparently, February is a big month for boat shows, so in March, a lot of the boats that didn’t sell are going to have their prices dropped. If you were planning on buying a boat for summertime fun, now would be a great time to see what you can find on sale.
- Golf Clubs. Even if it’s not golf season where you live, the golf shops are gearing up for high season by offering this season’s new clubs. They probably have clubs leftover from last year, though, and those will be in the clearance section! If you’re looking to add to your collection or take up golf as a new hobby this year, go take a look!
- Luggage. Everyone is done traveling for the holiday season, and summer vacations haven’t begun yet, so the demand, and therefore the prices, for luggage are low. Check the condition of your luggage, and if it’s time for a new set or a few new pieces, now’s a good time to buy.
- Frozen Foods. Did you know that March is National Frozen Foods Month? This prompts grocery stores to slap sale signs all over their freezer cases, and should prompt you to stock up!
- Vacuums and Cleaning Supplies. You know what spring brings: spring cleaning! Retailers know this and want you to buy vacuum cleaners, cleaning chemicals and other items that you’ll use to banish dirt from your home just in time to throw the windows open and enjoy the fresh spring breezes.
- Valentine’s Day Leftovers. During the first part of the month, you can still get leftover chocolates, perfume and jewelry that didn’t sell in time for Valentine’s Day. After you get all of that cleaning done, treat yourself with something just for you!
You can also check out last year’s recommendations, as many of them will apply to this year, too!
Have you stumbled onto any other things to buy on sale in March? Share them with our other readers by leaving a comment below!
I had no idea about the frozen foods.
I already filled my freezer with all the frozen veggies it can hold!
YES! I need a new “roolie” to take on the plane when I travel – now’s the time to find one.
Thanks for the tips. I’m really looking forward to your monthly postings about what is on sale during the month. It really helps with the budget to know this information.
I didn’t know about the frozen foods! Thanks!
Thanks for info on Frozen Foods, I didn’t realize that.
I always try to buy after the “holidays” especially like valentines day and even Easter and Christmas. MOstly I buy things that can be put away for the following year. My daughter is in college and so this year I bought a bunch of stuff she would use for college for Valentines day. I paid just $5 for all small basket full of things like heart candies, a journal, class planner and more.
I had no idea that March was National Frozen Foods Month! Thanks for the tips!
I will be buying more frozen veggies
That is interesting that frozen foods are on sale in March. I wonder why?
LOL about frozen food month! Good to know and a good time to stock up! Love me some lean cuisine’s for work lunch! 🙂
I am going to stock up on frozen foods!
my grocery store has 10 percent off on frozen foods
I had been wondering why I was seeing so many frozen food promotions and advertisements lately! Great list, thanks!
For sure the V-Day leftovers1 It is my chocolate stock-up time!
I reread this yesteday and told my son and his fiance’ about luggage being on sale in March. She went out and ordered some and got a really good deal apparently.
Love Valentine’s Day leftover sales. I stock up on VDay supplies for next year and buy lots of discounted chocolate!