With a special holiday involving flowers, chocolate, and hearts coming up soon, you may have been planning to spend your extra money on Valentine’s Day items over the next couple of weeks. If you’re hoping to save money in February, though, those are definitely not the items that will be on sale… at least not during the first half of the month! Every part of the year has items that tend to be available for lower-than-usual prices, and the last full month of winter is no exception. Here is a shortlist of things to buy on sale in February:
- Gas Grills: You might grill all year long, but many people don’t… or they won’t replace a broken or worn-out grill until later in the year. Because of this reduced demand for grills, home improvement stores tend to mark them down in February. Go fire yours up and see if you might need to replace it before the summer; if so, go buy one now!
- Air Conditioners: It’s the same deal with air conditioning units. Unless you live in the steamy South, you’re not running your air conditioner right now. Think back to August or September: did you mention needing to add a window unit or replace an older air conditioner? Now’s the time to take care of that!
- Winter Outdoor Equipment: Since the winter is coming to an end, stores are slashing prices on skis, ice skates, winter coats, boots and more in order to make room for the types of equipment that people use in the balmier spring. Also, stock up on mittens, gloves, hats and scarves to use the rest of this year and for next year’s winter season.
- Cleaning Supplies and Services: Most of us are getting a bit antsy, waiting for spring’s arrival. What is one of the first things we do once the weather warms up? We throw open the windows and start our spring cleaning! Not only will cleaning supplies be on sale, but so will things like carpet cleaning and other housekeeping services, so if the job is too much for you to do on your own, you can indulge in professional cleaning with less guilt!
- Flowers and Chocolate: Don’t get your hopes up; you won’t see sales on these types of romantic items until after Valentine’s Day. But you might as well pick some up for yourself after the holiday: Particularly if you’re going to be doing some heavy cleaning, you’ll want to decorate with fresh flowers and reward yourself with a few delicious chocolates afterward!
- Furniture: Most furniture manufacturers launch their new designs in the spring. This means that big retailers need to discount last year’s designs to make way for the new spring line.
- Televisions: towards the end of the month new tv models are released and it is a great time to pick up a deal.
During the month of February, keep your eyes open for Super Bowl sales in the early part of the month, then Presidents’ Day sales later on. A lot of what will be on sale will consist of electronics, but you’re likely to see other great deals as well.
Have you seen anything on sale in February that you plan on taking advantage of? Share it with our readers!