With the rise of smartphone users all over the world, anyone can do almost everything with just the use of their finger tips. Yep, almost everything, including the activity that makes every woman (and some men) in the planet squeal with joy: shopping!
Back in the day, shopping malls were always flooded with people, credit cards were always exceeding their limit, and there is always a new piece of clothing in a woman’s wardrobe every pay day. Well, it still is pretty much the same to day, except that there are advancements in technology that help us save a lot of money. A technology that is more popular as mobile phone apps.
There is pretty much been an app created for just about anything you can think of! Luckily, there were apps created specifically to help us cut down on the amount of time it takes to shop. My favorite app for keeping everything from my Christmas list to grocery list is ShopShop. ShopShop is a free app specifically for shopping lists and its free!
People, especially smartphone users, use apps in almost everything: directions, maps, stocks, social networking, and (you guessed right) shopping. Here are some popular apps that. not only helps you from buying the clothes you want, but it also helps you save money.
- Red Laser – Available in almost every Android and iOS run devices, the Red Laser app has the means to inform the user that he or she is spending too much on an item. It works pretty simple. just take a photo of the bar code and immediately the app shows you how much is the cost of the product in other stores. With this, you can see if you can get the product for a lesser value or not. And aside from the app being a good way of cutting down expenses, it comes in free.
- Sale Saver – Ever had trouble with finding out how much amount of money you are saving from those 20, 30, or 40 percent discounts? Well, put your mind to rest and let the sale saver app do the job for you. It automatically shows you how much money you are saving just by typing the price and the percent discount on the app’s quick price lookup. Aside from that, it shows you a complete list of how it was calculated, just to ease off your worries of possible wrong calculations. Just like the Red Laser app, this app also comes in free, but its versions for Android, Blackberry and Symbian run phones are still being developed. And yes, it is free.
- Google Shopper – Of all the shopping apps that is available today, this is probably the best expense-cutting shopping app there is. The Google Shopper can tell you everything you need to know about a product: where it is bought, how much does it cost, and where to get the said product at a lower price. Basically, it’s an app that delivers all the specific details on every available product in the planet. There is even a “deal of the day” feature, which shows the best and discounted products (for the day) that can save you a lot of money. It is available for Android and iOS platforms, but reports are saying that this free app will be made available for Blackberry and Symbian devices simple because it is on demand.
- GeoQpons – This is a coupon app which lists deals and discounts at retailers and restaurants around you! You can filter the coupons by category or distance from where you are to a certain location. The app is very clear and easy to use – and did I mention it’s free!
- ShopSavvy and TheFind– lets you scan the barcode of a product and try to find it at a better price.
- Shopkick is another app that seems to be gaining popularity. You get reward points/kicks for just walking into stores. You can turn your kicks into itunes giftcards, restaurant vouchers and more options. The app is free and maybe worth trying for avid shoppers.
- GasBuddy is a great app to let you know where the best priced gas stations are near you so you can save money!
- Grocery iQ – the perfect time saving app for coupon clippers of the future.
There are more apps out there that are being developed, and probably are better than the mentioned apps. But as of today, these are the apps that will cut down expenses in transportation (gas), energy, and money, making everyone’s lives easier. While you are shopping online don’t forget to check out our selection of Coupons such as TOMS Coupons, Kohls Coupon Code, Zulily Coupon Code, and Crocs Coupon
Perhaps in the nearby future, they get to develop an app that buys the product for the people too – that would be nice!