Hottest Halloween Costumes for 2012
Halloween is approaching rapidly, and we’re all searching for the perfect Halloween costumes for our little trick-or-treaters. If you’re a crafty type, you may plan on making some special creation of your own for your child to wear. If not, don’t worry: Stores are still teeming with a variety of awesome and fun costumes. Your child is sure to have his pick of scary and spooky characters, amazing superheroes, and popular children’s icons to choose from this Halloween. If you’re wondering what the trendiest and most popular costumes will be this year, here is a short list of 2012’s hottest children’s Halloween costumes. Look for any of these at a store near you.
- Avengers. Then new movie Avengers recently came out on DVD, and it’s a huge hit with superhero fans of all ages. Expect to see lots of characters from this movie on the evening of October 31st. The Iron Man, the Hulk, and Thor re especially popular picks.
- Batman. Continuing with the superhero theme, expect a resurgence of interest in the already popular Batman, thanks to the release of Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. Don’t forget the cape.
- Flo the Insurance Lady. Here’s one that older kids or teenagers may enjoy. Have you seen the commercials for Progressive insurance featuring an agent named Flo? Apparently, she’s made quite the impression, as Flo the Insurance Lady costumes are in high demand this year. Fortunately, this one is easy to put together. A Flo wig, a white button down shirt, and a “Hello, My Name is…” name tag is all that you need.
- The Hunger Games. The books were a smash. The movie was a hit. So of course, these are going to be popular costumes this year. Katniss costumes are poised to be one of the biggest sellers this Halloween.
- Snow White. Interestingly the most popular Snow White movie this year was aimed more at adults than children, but it seems to have given plenty of people costume ideas for their kids. And that’s OK. Disney Princesses are always popular, and it’s nice to see Snow White getting a turn in the spotlight again.
- Justin Bieber. If you have a pre-teen, you can pretty much bet that someone in her group of friends is going as Justin Bieber this year. Justin Bieber wigs are a hot item this Halloween. Expect to see some Zombie Justin Biebers as well.
- Zombies. Speaking of zombies, they may overtake vampires as the most popular monster this year. Between zombies in popular media and chatter about the “zombie apocalypse” on the Internet, the undead monsters are seeing a rise in popularity.
There are so many fun and popular costumes out there that it’s entirely possible to choose a trendy costume idea and still end up looking fairly unique. It’s all a matter of
finding the one that suits your child best. Happy costume-hunting!
ahah very good
I hadn’t even thought about Flo the Insurance Lady being a Halloween costume!
Though Halloween still not big here, its slowly taking off, but good costumes are hard to find!
I did a post on costumes with a camping theme! Feel free to check out these unique ideas:
Flo is such a hoot. Any little girl would look great in that one
Cute costumes! My son wanted Ben 10 this year so we got Heat Wave and Spider Monkey and my both my sons love Power Ranger so I got lucky and got 1 and they both can fit in it (although little big for 1 of them) ahah 🙂
This year in my house it’s all Monster High so that’s the costumes we purchased. I must say like the other posters I love Flo too.
I hadn’t thought about this good idea though
oh how i miss my childhood days!
I love the zombie idea
Awesome! I hope their are lots of Justin Bieber Costumes so my Daughter’s heart go a little crazy lol! My oldest Daughter will be a zombie this year! She makes an excellent zombie! She is 12! My son kind of came up with his own idea as a Minecraft Skeleton with bow & arrow! He is so creative! We even carved his pumpkin into a Minecraft “Creeper!” My youngest Daughter is a doll in her “Little Red Riding Hood” costume this year! I should have Daddy dress as the Big Bad Wolf as he will be holding her hand as we trick or treat this year! And maybe I should dress as Granny! lol
Good ideas! Not a fan of Flo, but it does make a decent costume.
These are some awesome ideas! My little one is a cat this year…not very creative..but there’s always next year! lol
I would like to see a Flo costume