It’s meatless monday and we are trying to figure out what to have tonight. It is a constant battle to get the kids to eat more fish so we are always on the look out for family friendly fish recipes. According to the new Food Pyramid we need to be eating fish once a week and also incorporate more fish and vegetarian meals into our diet. Today’s Meatless Monday meal is going to be Pan Grilled Halibut with Chimichurri. I changed it up a bit because I could not find any halibut at any of our local stores so I made my own version – you can also use Pan Grilled Snapper with Chimichurri. It was very easy to put together and definitely something we eat again – even the kids ate it ! Join us and be a part of the Meatless Monday Movement.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and about 2 teaspoons sauce)
Recipe from http://www.tasteforcooking.com/seafood/fish/pan-grilled-snapper-with-chimichurri-recipe-even-the-kids-ate-it/
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cayenne Pepper on top once it is cooked for a little extra kick
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) Snapper fillets
1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper over fish. Add fish to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with sauce.
As a side I made a Risotto with Asparagus and Mushrooms – it was great with it. We have also made it with an Orzo pasta salad that the kids loved. So will you join me and pledge to go meatless just one day a week? If you can’t get around to eating the fish but still need to start a diet for the new year Nutrisystem Coupons and Medifast coupons free shipping this is a great place to find discounts especially for TOMS Shoes. Visit our Food News and recipes section for more tips.