- Thanksgiving items. Since Thanksgiving dinner foods can also be enjoyed as part of your Christmas dinner, it makes sense to take advantage of low prices on turkeys, boxed stuffing, cranberry sauce and other holiday groceries. You can also pick up turkey-themed plates and napkins for a song; either use these for casual lunches this month (less cleanup!) or put a stash of them aside for next year’s Thanksgiving.
- Jewelry. Are you planning on getting someone a pair of diamond earrings or a ring with a precious stone? The prices won’t be quite as low as during non-gift-giving seasons, but you might be able to get a good bargain.
- Televisions. You’ll see steep discounts on Black Friday, but the low prices will come back after the middle of the month. This can apply to other electronics, like BluRay players, as well.
- DVDs and BluRay discs. People tend to buy movies for stocking stuffers as an impulse purchase, and the retailers know that if the prices are low, you just might grab a couple while you’re in the store for something else. Plan ahead and replenish your movie supply with some new favorites!
- Christmas decor. A few days before and certainly the days after Christmas, you’ll be able to grab ornaments, garland, gingerbread houses, creches, tablecloths and other holiday decorations for extremely low prices.
- Bicycles. Unless you live in one of the Southern states, chances are that you’re not riding bikes right now. The prices are slashed in order to keep inventory moving. Consider purchasing now and storing for a springtime birthday or one of the spring holidays!
- Groceries. Citrus fruits are in season right now, and prices on oranges, grapefruits and lemons are low. Also, nuts are on sale for holiday parties. You can stock up on these, because they will last for a long time. You can also get great deals on boxed chocolates. Even if you don’t want to use them right now, you can put some aside for chocolate indulgences in the new year! Look for BOGO deals and shop the stores app before you head out.
- Online Classes. This year we discovered that online cooking classes can be great for a date night or you can have the whole family cook along with you.
- Subscriptions: Audible, Spotify Premium or maybe Instacart or Shipt is a good gift idea this year.
While you can find great sales all month long, you’ll find the best ones after December 15th and right after Christmas, because retailers are trying to push out the old inventory before the new year.
Have you found any excellent bargains for December that you’d like to share with our readers?