- Airline tickets! Now that the winter is behind us, the temperatures and vacation season are starting to heat up. You’ll benefit by buying airline tickets for any summer vacations that you might be planning. Rumor has it that prices are lowest when you book after 4:00 pm on Tuesdays, so take a look this afternoon to compare with other days of the week! Also, traveling mid-week tends to be cheaper than flying on Mondays or Fridays. Our favorite app to track prices is Hopper. It alerts us when the prices change for the destination we decide to watch.
- Cruises. Did you know that you can now track the prices on particular cruises that you may be interested in. We found a free cruise fare tracker on a travel website Atlas Cruises and Tours. If you go to their site and search for a cruise you may be interested it all you do it find the date you want and you will see a button that allows you the sign up to track the price so you know when it goes up or down. You can read all about it on their blog also.
- Secondhand items. With everyone spring cleaning, thrift stores and consignment shops are getting lots of “new” old items out of people’s garages, attics and basements. Also, secondhand stores will be clearing out last season’s merchandise in preparation for putting out summer items, so you might be able to get a good deal on winter clothing and home goods.
- Home improvement and gardening sales. Visit your local home improvement store and take a look around: Now that it’s finally warm enough to get out there and putter around in the garden, you may find good prices on the equipment that you’ll need. While you’re at it, look for tools, wood, flooring and other home improvement supplies.
Vacuums, Air purifiers, and Lawnmowers are selling at a deep discount in April. Watch out for deals! Consumer Reports is a paid site but they can at least give you a ranking of the best tested machines and then you can sign up or go do your own research.
- Home office supplies. Now that tax-time is done, many small businesses are able to breathe a bit more easily and may be purchasing new supplies once again. Office supply stores know this and often mark down things like keyboards, office chairs and desks in April, particularly after the 15th.
- Gifts for spring celebrations. Is anyone in your family graduating from high school or college or getting married? If so, now’s a good time to go shopping for gifts! Check out bridal registries and stock up now. For high school students planning to move into a dormitory or apartment next fall, check out prices on small appliances like toasters and coffee makers. Finally, gifts for Mother’s Day will start going on sale soon, too, so if you are shopping anyway, you might want to get a head start on searching for the perfect gift for Mom.
Have you found any awesome April deals? Share them with our readers!