Looking for ideas on what to make for dinner? Our resident chef has some suggestions for Crock Pot “Dinner-in-a-Pinch” Ideas!
My favorite, super quick, toss in the crock pot on the way out the door ideas:
- 1 lb chicken with lemon juice and pepper (fresh lemons or the marinade of your choice)
- frozen meatballs with teriyaki marinade (or a jar of marinara sauce) serve over pasta or rice
- Italian sausage with jar of marinara sauce, onions & green peppers, serve on fresh Italian bread or over pasta
- sticky pot roast (1 envelope onion soup mix, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of celery soup)
- 1 lb beef tips and 1 jar of your favorite gravy, serve over rice (my choice is the boil in a bag rice)
These are my “dinner-in-a-pinch” ideas and as glad as I was that there was a home cooked meal on the table, when I first turned to using these, I must admit that I worried that the lack of effort in making dinner may have cheated my kids somewhat. Well, my kids made their opinion of these dinners quite clear when I recently began the task of meal planning. One of the first things I did to start my meal planning resolution was to ask each of my children to make a list of their five favorite dinners for the dinner rotation… I was quite pleased to find that four out of these five dinner ideas made one (or both) of their lists. Kids are so easy to please. OK, I retract that last sentence. I just lucked out this time!
We also have posted some other wonderful Family Friendly Crock Pot Meals in the past…..
Here is an Entire Crock Pot Meal plan for a week including favorites like
- Mac & Cheese & Crock Pot Pizza
- Salsa Chicken
- Hawaiian Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Meatballs
- Zucchini Ziti
- Crock Pot Camping Recipes: Breakfast ideas such as Egg and Sausage Scramble and Crock Pot French Toast
Let me know which of these meals you luck out with… or share one of your own.