- Wash your reusable bags at least once a week
- Make sure you clean the counter area where you placed the bag
Do not store the bags in your car till you are ready to go shopping
- When washing your bags make sure to use warm water and maybe a mild bleach on the gentle cycle
- Decide what to do with the meats you purchase. I do not like to put them in reusable bags at all. I still put the meats in plastic and throw them them away once I get home.
- Separate out your bags. Have specific produce bags, pantry item bags and perhaps a cooler bag for cold items. We buy a specific color or design depending on what we are going to put in it so we always know what goes in each one.
I found some great prices and styles like Insta-Totes Reusable Pink w/Black Dots Shopping Tote,and Insta-Totes Sunflowers Shopping Tote
An eco-friendly replacement for your endless throwaway plastic bags, the Insta-Totes Shopping Totes are reusable, recyclable, and practical! Much larger and more versatile than common canvas totes, the spacious designer Insta-Totes feature distinctive custom artwork, handy collapsible interior compartments, and a virtually indestructible waterproof surface which can be wiped clean and reused indefinitely. Made of tough reinforced and recycled polypropylene material, they have strong webbing shoulder straps for easy carrying. The very affordable totes offer an attractive alternative to the consumer as well as the retailer wishing to become part of the “green revolution” sweeping the country. Insta-Totes Shopping Totes fold flat for easy storage and when open, measures 15.5″ x 15″ x 8″.