Can you believe it’s April again? The year is already a quarter of the way through, and we’re several months away from the holiday season and hopefully our credit card bills from December are paid off. It’s also tax refund season, so many of us are gearing up to do some shopping! We talked about some items to buy on sale in April last year. While many of last year’s hot items will be on sale again this month, here’s an updated list of things that you might find great deals on this April!
- Airline tickets! Now that the winter is behind us, the temperatures and vacation season are starting to heat up. You’ll benefit by buying airline tickets for any summer vacations that you might be planning. Rumor has it that prices are lowest when you book after 4:00 pm on Tuesdays, so take a look this afternoon to compare with other days of the week! Also, traveling mid-week tends to be cheaper than flying on Mondays or Fridays.
- Secondhand items. With everyone spring cleaning, thrift stores and consignment shops are getting lots of “new” old items out of people’s garages, attics and basements. Also, secondhand stores will be clearing out last season’s merchandise in preparation for putting out summer items, so you might be able to get a good deal on winter clothing and home goods.
- Home improvement and gardening sales. Visit your local home improvement store and take a look around: Now that it’s finally warm enough to get out there and putter around in the garden, you may find good prices on the equipment that you’ll need. While you’re at it, look for tools, wood, flooring and other home improvement supplies.
- Home office supplies. Now that tax-time is done, many small businesses are able to breathe a bit more easily and may be purchasing new supplies once again. Office supply stores know this and often mark down things like keyboards, office chairs and desks in April, particularly after the 15th.
- Gifts for spring celebrations. Is anyone in your family graduating from high school or college or getting married? If so, now’s a good time to go shopping for gifts! Check out bridal registries and stock up now. For high school students planning to move into a dormitory or apartment next fall, check out prices on small appliances like toasters and coffee makers. Finally, gifts for Mother’s Day will start going on sale soon, too, so if you are shopping anyway, you might want to get a head start on searching for the perfect gift for Mom.
Have you found any awesome April deals? Share them with our readers!